- met doing laundry at 2am college au
- accidentally knocked on the wrong dorm room college au
- picked up the wrong book when we bumped into each other college au
- hey exchange student why don’t you can come to mine for thanksgiving?? college au
- did i mention college au
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
- its okay to draw the same thing over and over
- its okay to draw something you feel only you enjoy (ps this is not true; plenty of people enjoy the same thing or enjoy seeing you enjoy yourself)
- its okay to draw something and not finish it
- its okay to draw without knowing what you want it to look like
- its okay to draw
- its okay
a kid at hogwarts who just wants to get a proper education but can’t focus because of all of the shit harry potter and his friends keep getting themselves into
In this African tribe, when someone does something harmful, they take the person to the center of the village where the whole tribe comes and surrounds them.
For two days, they will say to the man all the good things that he has done.
The tribe believes that each human being comes into the world as a good. Each one of us only desiring safety, love, peace and happiness.
But sometimes, in the pursuit of these things, people make mistakes.
The community sees those mistakes as a cry for help.
They unite then to lift him, to reconnect him with his true nature, to remind him who he really is, until he fully remembers the truth of which he had been temporarily disconnected: “I am good.”
NABAJYOTISAIKIA, is a compliment used in South Africa and means: “I respect you, I cherish you. You matter to me.” In response, people say SHIKOBA, which is: “So, I exist for you.”
WHY ISN’T THIS A THING IN ALL CULTURES
some day I’m going to create a bingo card for these kinds of posts.
- vague mention of “Africa” and “African tribe” with no actual names of tribes, countries, or languages, because Africa is a country and everyone there is exactly the same obv: check.
- picture of smiling/emotional black people taken completely out of context: check.
- made-up “African” words with deep meanings: check.
- "noble savage" grossness out the wazoo: check.
this photo is a picture of Ghanaian boys playing soccer from Amen: Grassroots Football.
Initial googling says that Shikoba means “feather” in Choctaw, which would mean OP isn’t even on the right damn continent.
(When I look at Choctaw-English dictionaries, though, shikoba doesn’t show up at all; the word for feather seems to be “híshi.” “Shikobli” is a verb meaning “to put on a plume” so maybe there’s some conjugation or gerund going on here? I’d welcome any corrections from actual Choctaw speakers.)
Nabajyoti Saikia is someone’s name. OP just straight-up stole some poor Indian cement chemist’s name for their colonialist hippie bullshit.
Look at this dude. He didn’t spend years of his life writing a goddamn textbook on waste management strategies so that you could use his name to prop up this crock of shit. He’s disappointed in you. Do better.
"Isn’t it strange that I know you’d risk your life to save mine… but I don’t know what your favorite color is?" he says. A smile creeps onto my lips. "Green. What’s yours?" "Orange," he says. "Orange? Like Effie’s hair?" I say. "A bit more muted," he says.
More like … s u n s e t .
"Your favorite color…it’s green?" "That’s right." Then I think of something to add. "And yours is orange." "Orange?" He seems unconvinced. Not bright orange.
But soft. Like the s u n s e t.
”At least, that’s what you told me once.”
It was never going to be you and me.
holy shit the way he looks at her